Although commonly found in gyms, rubber flooring is now becoming an ideal flooring solution for all kinds of commercial areas thanks to its durability and the wide variety of designs and colours that are now available.
Strong and resilient, rubber flooring has a high lifespan making it a great long-term investment for any commercial area.
What is rubber flooring made from?
Most rubber flooring that is available today is made from synthetic styrene-butadiene rubber (SBR), which is a by-product of crude oil. It is also available in its natural latex form, or sometimes it is made from recycled rubber.
What are the benefits of rubber flooring?
- Whilst being extremely durable and therefore a superb choice for high-traffic areas, rubber flooring is also capable of withstanding heavy impacts with no damage, which is why it is a popular choice for gyms and weight rooms. This ability to absorb impact provides additional comfort in commercial settings where people are constantly on their feet.
- – Rubber flooring is also great for absorbing sound making it also suitable for high-traffic areas like corridors.
- – It is water-resistant and won’t become damaged by moisture or spills and also has a great slip-resistance too; typically exceeding the minimum standard or the ‘coefficient of friction’. This makes it a popular choice for gym flooring, as well as in facilities like healthcare and nursing homes.
- – Rubber flooring is very low maintenance, with no specialist cleaning required. Loose dirt and dust can be removed with a quick brush or vacuum, and it can be cleaned with a quick wipe of a damp mop.
- – Rubber flooring holds heat very well as it is a soft surface, therefore it can be paired with underfloor heating if required.
Rubber flooring is an aesthetically pleasing and tactile flooring solution. If you’d like to install rubber flooring to your commercial area, or simply would like to discuss your flooring project then be sure to get in touch today.